Facebook owned WhatsApp instant messaging application is being used by millions of people to stay in touch and use it as multimedia and group messaging platform. From time-to-time, we come across multiple WhatsApp tricks that promise to bring additional functionalities to this popular app. Today, we are going to tell you about a WhatsApp bot created to bring wikipedia search engine-like feature to WhatsApp.
This WhatsApp Wikipedia search engine bot allows you to access some internet features right on your WhatsApp messaging app. This virtual assistant-like feature works by automatically replying to your queries. These servises usages WhatsApp API to call wikipedia and then parse real time web result back to you on your smartphone.
With the help of this Wikipedia WhatsApp bot, you can get live news updates, information on any topic from Wikipedia, read random quotes, get train information, enjoy some funny jokes and more.
How to activate Wikipedia on your WhatsApp?
- To start with wiki bot, you need to create a contact with any name of your choice (here it’s WhatsApp Bot) and add this number: +16044491532
- Now launch your WhatsApp mobile app and create a group (here it’s WhatsApp Bot). Add the WhatsApp Bot contact to this group.
- Now you are ready to searcg wikipedia on your smartphone.
- You can add more friends and family members to the group, or enjoy the WhatsApp search bot on your own.
How to use wikipedia whatsapp bot to search wikipedia ?
- To get Wikipedia information, type Wiki SEARCHTERM and send to the group.
- To join the English news channel, send +NEWS to the group (unsubscribe anytime by sending -NEWS )
- Know the meaning of a word by sending +DICT WORD to the group.
- Join Football or Cricket channel by sending +CRICKET or +FOOTBALL to the group.
- To play a GK quiz, simply send +GK to the group.